You know what’s even better than marrying a billionaire? Having his baby. We’re ready. We’ve studied and planned, read all the birth and labor books, researched parenting classes, consulted our schedules, and it’s time. And by we I mean me. Declan’s just ready for the “have lots of sex” part. More than ready. But there’s just one problem: my husband and his brother have this little obsession with competition. And by little, I mean stupid. That’s right. We’re not just about to try to bring a new human being into the world. We have to do it better, Faster, Stronger. Harder. McCormick men don’t just have babies. They engage in competitive billionaire Babythons. I thought the hardest part about getting pregnant would be dealing with my grandchild-crazed mother, who will go nuts shopping for a billionaire’s baby. Wrong. Between conception issues, my mother’s desire to talk to the baby through a hoo-haw cam, a childbirth class led by a drill sergeant and a father-in-law determined to sign the kid up for prep school before Declan even pulls out, my pregnancy has turned out to be one ordeal after the other. But it’s nothing — nothing — compared to the actual birth. Shopping for a Billionaire’s Baby is the newest book in Julia Kent’s New York Times bestselling romantic comedy series.
- All of these books in this series are so funny. But this one is hysterical! I absolutely read excerpts to my hubby! His fault! Wanted to know what I was laughing so hard about. 😀 The gym scenes are very funny – sad part, guys are really like that. The relationship between Declan and Shannon is so sooo swoon worthy and I love that even after being married to Declan for a couple years her insecurities still peak through. Marie is still a hoot & Andrew is still trying to best his brother.
Julia Kent has knocked this one out of the park and it’s a definite reread for me. I can’t wait for the next “Soppong” book and don’t even care who it will feature. I just know it will be funny and romantic and that’s all that matters.
- I just love this series (and Julia Kent). I know that if Julia Kent wrote it, I will love it, and this book did not disappoint. It had me laughing out loud at times and at others reaching for a tissue. There is a lot of depth to this chapter in Declan and Shannon’s life as they take that step towards parenthood and all the changes that come into play in the process. They each struggle with finding their way through it and it’s written in such a way that it pulled on my heartstrings. Julia Kent has such an easy style of writing that moves the story along steadily and keeps me reading well into the night (early morning), and had me clocking in 1 1/2 hours on the treadmill while I was reading because I didn’t want to stop… just one more chapter. I have found that to be the case when reading this series, as well as any of her books in the Obedient, Her Billionaire’s, Random, On Hold series, as well as the series she’s written as Meli Raine – Harmless, Shameless, and Coming Home. She has yet to disappoint. I don’t hesitate to buy one of her books when she has a new one coming out. Can’t wait to see what will come next for Shannon and Declan, Amanda and Andrew and the rest of the crazy crew.
- Shopping for a Billionaire’s Baby is the newest book in Julia’s Shopping series. Shannon and Declan’s relationship has never been easy – but it’s been loving and over the top and just hilarious. This book follows them through the journey of becoming parents for the first time. It’s funny, heart warming, loving and utterly fantastic. Shannon’s journey to being 1,213 weeks pregnant is poignant, relatable and I felt like I was experiencing her pregnancy with her (without all the real life issues like getting fatter and hips creaking and tears at the commercials on tv). Declan’s feelings and actions throughout the pregnancy were how I imagined my husband felt as well. The delivery was unexpected – but nothing goes perfect for this couple – and delivered an emotional journey through both their eyes. I believe this book can be read as a stand alone book, but it’s so much better if you read it as part of the series. Job well done and I look forward to your next book.
- What a fun read I laughed myself silly. It was so much fun watching these two go through the motions of having a baby. It was even funnier when friends and family get into the mix of it. I have loved this whole series with each new book you fall more in love with Declan and Shannon. This can be read as a standalone but if you read the whole series it makes it more humorous. I enjoyed the plot, the laugh out loud moments as they go through the conceiving which was truly funny all the way to the birth. I really enjoyed catching up with the past characters and seeing what is new in their life as well as they handle and start the bantering to get Declan going.
I did have a little bit of a hard time staying focused from time to time but all in all this was a great read that was hilarious and very entertaining. It will be interesting to see how they grow as parents and deal with all the issues children bring. They aren’t the only ones in the family that is expecting. These couples have come a long way but still have a longer one to go. I can’t wait to see what this author has in store for us with the next book in this series.
- Loved it…. Loved it…. Loved it….. Do you get the idea that I absolutely loved and enjoyed this book immensely!!
It had everything a Julia Kent book always has. Humor galore… so funny…. So quirky… A beautiful tender and moving love story that touches your heart…. A very realistic rendering of pregnancy and childbirth along with such amazingly heartfelt lovely words spoken by Shannon and Declan to each other that they took my breath away! A family and friends who are just the most utterly interesting, wacky, loyal and irresistible characters!!!! Julia Kent goes so deep into the souls of her characters while at the same time managing to keep you laughing, mesmerized and absolutely enthralled with the story. I don’t know how she blends it all so wonderfully I am just glad she does and I hope she keeps giving us more and more of these families. Hope she gives Carol and her boys a sweet loving man… ( with plenty of money of course…. Ha ha ). Just saying…..😁